• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Hi all,

Me & some contacts of mine are thinking of putting together an outdoor music event, a Mini-Festival type affair and I’m just wondering if anyone knows anything about doing this sort of thing, perhaps has any pointers, ideas or words of warning?

D

you will need plenty of cash/sponsors

libilty insurance
        securety firm
        a very very good P.A & lighting system
        a good bunch of artists who dont argue about what time they play/sing/dj
        good large stage
        burger vans
        parking

but i would start small like ask a farmer if you can rent two fields one for the mini festival the other to pitch a tent
        go to a haulage firm ask if they would sponser you a trailer for a stage then see if you can find a booza/pub and see if they do outside bars
        find a burger van company for the food
        ask companies if they would sponser your festival say its for a good cause like (help the heros, red cross ect)
        charge tickets for entry bit more for camping
        get dj, bands singers ect if they would play for free
        hire the p.a system and the gate ticket money should pay for them and the door men/security
        you will need to get libilty insurance

or just hire out a country manor where people have there weddings at with a good size dance floor and easy to get to & charge £5 a ticket to cover the costs & put posters round collage & uni
        they love a good piss up

(trade secret always say to the people of the country manor its a 21st birthday party and your guaranteed to stage it there)

good luck

Hey Woka,

Thanks for the tips, most of that we’ve got covered so far, good to know we’re thinking logically about it all though!

Did you get my PM?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.